Register    Login    Search    FAQ   Arcade 

Welcome
Welcome to followingthesun

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Greetings...
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:36 pm 

Have thanks: 0 time
Greetings to all of you.

I'm very new to Kemeticism and really religion altogether (Agnostic is probably the closest thing to call what I was). I've done a bit of research and poured over a few blogs. However, even with the research I've done I still don't feel I even know where to start.

Ever since I can remember I always found Egyptian things to be of interest and recently in a random conversation about god pantheons of the Old World of course the Egyptian gods came up. While I was always interested in ancient Egypt I didn't know much about the gods other than Anubis, Ra, and Set. So I decided to do some research. Which in turn brought me to Kemeticism.

I suppose I'm here to learn from others experiences and hopefully have some of my own.

Cheers.

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Greetings...
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:57 pm 
Friendly Moderator

Have thanks: 26 time
Em hotep and welcome to the community. Please feel free to join in on any caonversation, even if it is quite old, knocking the dust off is always welcome. :D If you have any questions, please do ask.

Senebty

Come in peace, Lord of Appearences.

Om LaasuunKaan Bsharoegh Brzeeshreeng

Ankh, Udja, Seneb!

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:59 pm 

Hello Yamanu,

Honestly, I have so many questions, as I'm sure a new member to any religion does. I've read on here and elsewhere prayer and offerings are a good place to start but, quite frankly, I'm not even sure how to pray. I've never been religious. More so I've just believed that something greater exists; be it a god, multiple gods, or simply the cosmos itself. But I never really prayed or worshiped it.

I've read the Kemetic gods are direct. I read about different people's experiences some hearing the gods directly, some through dreams, others through feelings or simply signs. But for me, any time I try to pray I just get nothing. The 'signs' I experience can all be chocked up to coincidence. Is that was faith is, trusting something that cannot be proven with evidence? Am I trying to be too logical or over analyzing?

In a way I find this all very funny. I'm trying so hard to understand but it seems even the most basic concepts evade my knowing. And more than anything I hate not understanding something.

Sorry for the rambling nature of the post. But I kind of needed to get the thoughts written down, gives me something to reflect on. And hey, maybe someone will have some insight to share.

Cheers!

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 6:25 pm 
Friendly Moderator

Yes, it is what faith is all about. Within discussions on paganism particularly we have a term called UPG which means Unverified Personal Gnosis, a big word collection that means it is based on that person's faith and experiences and may or may not match perfectly with the whole community if any of which they are a part. Miracles happen, magic(k) is real and everything ever conceived of and paid any great attention exists as a thoughtform in the realm of the mind some say. Regardless, to you I offer this advice. Always keep searching, in the end though the answers will be found not in some dusty tome or long forgotten stone wall, it will be inspired by these, but the revelation happens within.

Have you watched any of "Kemetic Independant" on Youtube? Our hostess and my good friend Sharon Tut Laborde has many useful and informative videos up there.

Senebty

Ankh, Udja, Seneb!

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:45 pm 

Imhotep Yamanu Hem-Netjer, I'm a knew to any religious forums, and I have always loved all things ancient Egyptian, since 5th or 6th grade. but I only given Middle eastern paganism (and paganism/Asian Religion in general a try, since about 3 years ago. before that I was off and on between reform monotheistic Judaism (Solitary Practitioner) and progressive Monotheistic reform Zoroastrianism (still worshipping Zoroastrian/Persian divinities, but as polytheist). basically I want to too learn more Reform Kemetism, and have both a offline and online non Afro-supremist Kemetic community to growth with. Senebty!

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:23 am 
Friendly Moderator

If you have not, apply to join here.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/kemeticreform/

We look forward to seeing you.

Ankh, Udja, Seneb!

Report this post